| Products | Features | Sales | What's
| Download | Support | Tutorials | Newsletter new!| DOTM | About
Double-Loading for Thanksgiving
Enjoy about 80% off the regular price for a few days only
Learn more in the newsletter
Combining 3D and Digital Painting
Can your Image editing &
Paint tool help you to create this in just minutes?
NASA Rover on Mars
(vehicle 3D model from NASA website download in Blender
format, converted to OBJ, loaded and rendered in PD Howler
then composited and post edited in PD Howler for added
background scene also created in PD Howler)
Spooky Space Station - Interior
65% off the regular price, for PD Howler 2024
Order here: thebest3d.com/sales
Select PD Howler 2024 or PD
No discount code needed - This discount is automagic!
Expires shortly after Halloween Oct 31st
Need an even better deal? Also check the
author's direct promos at https://pdhowler.com/Cart.htm
Order PD Artist 2024 or PD Howler 2024
Learn about PD Howler 2024 | Read the latest newsletter
Digital Art Live
Save 50% off the regular price - limited
Build 70 is out and available
Build 69 of Howler 2024 -
(Physics Based Rendering)
Beyond Digital Painting: Brushes, Special FX,
Video & Animation
(Birds of a Feather will flock together)
PD Howler 2024 - Build 61 is now available!
Order PD Howler 2024: here (through BMTmicro)
here from the Developer (Dan Ritchie) directly
(straight from the Captain's Log)
- Animated Gifs - We've got preliminary support for loading gif animations in Howler
- Committed a 270 word spelling library to the API. It's a start. Can you guess where that's going?
- Added an API for working with GIF animations and additional support for wide strings.
- The OBJ loader is now 64 bit - try the free standalone version
- In the geometry renderer, you can now open a file in its default program(such as 3D Builder, 3D Viewer, 3D Paint,... whatever you've configured it to be on your PC) or also with Notepad. This helps in quickly checking details and perhaps fixing possible issues in the materials or obj files.
- Stored animations now show the frame number (!)
- Analytical upscale now warns if its going to close an animation.
- faster clipmaps and some general optimization
- The mip-map seam problem is solved. (yay me!)