| Products | Features | Sales | What's
| Download | Support | Tutorials | Newsletter new!| DOTM | About
Order PD Artist 2024 or PD Howler 2024
Learn about PD Howler 2024 | Read the latest newsletter
Digital Art Live
Save 50% off the regular price - limited
Build 70 is out and available
Build 69 of Howler 2024 -
(Physics Based Rendering)
Beyond Digital Painting: Brushes, Special FX,
Video & Animation
(Birds of a Feather will flock together)
PD Howler 2024 - Build 61 is now available!
Order PD Howler 2024: here (through BMTmicro)
here from the Developer (Dan Ritchie) directly
(straight from the Captain's Log)
- Animated Gifs - We've got preliminary support for loading gif animations in Howler
- Committed a 270 word spelling library to the API. It's a start. Can you guess where that's going?
- Added an API for working with GIF animations and additional support for wide strings.
- The OBJ loader is now 64 bit - try the free standalone version
- In the geometry renderer, you can now open a file in its default program(such as 3D Builder, 3D Viewer, 3D Paint,... whatever you've configured it to be on your PC) or also with Notepad. This helps in quickly checking details and perhaps fixing possible issues in the materials or obj files.
- Stored animations now show the frame number (!)
- Analytical upscale now warns if its going to close an animation.
- faster clipmaps and some general optimization
- The mip-map seam problem is solved. (yay me!)