The Dogwaffler of the Moment (DOTM) - our sporadic newsletter about PD Howler and PD Artist.
Announcing our Labor Day Special
What's new in this newsletter?
Thanks again for waffling and howling! Be safe, stay healthy, and always creative.
Labor Day Special - around 59% off
Here's our special promotion to help you get the latest PD Howler or PD Artist at almost 60% discount off the regular price.
- No code needed, discount applied automatically during checkout
- Expires Sept 12 a week after Labor Day.
- pay only around $25 (plus tax if applicable) - regular price for Howler 2023 is $59
- similar discount for PD Artist 2023
- Can't make it yet for 2023? Start with 2022 at similar discount.
Order here: https://www.thebest3d.com/sales
We've had a number of additional builds, a few of them released, here is an excerpt from the Captain's Log:
July 31 - build 51
- Reimplemented Anim/Frame Blender tool
July 29 - build 50
- Scrollbars are now rendered in darker colors in Dark on Light themes
- Recoding the Frame Blender tool
July 28 build 49
- Now warns if program is started by file association or com.
- Fixed several bugs related to starting Howler by a file association. For example, starting Howler by clicking on a ".lyr" file. As of now, starting by association is not officially supported until further notice. You should always start Howler from the app shortcut that was installed by the installer. You can pin it to your start bar or app bar.
July 22 - build 45
- Starting Howler from an associated file would cause Howler to be loaded from the system folder instead of the app folder. Thus Howler could not find its Dll files.
- Attempt to keep Howler from dumping Recently Used Media (RUM) to the C: drive during shutdown, presumably because the program was closing down access to the temp folder while the program was shutting and components were trying to access it to store those files.
July 13 - build 44
- Made a new build for legacy non avx systems
- fixed the knob on the hue wheel from being slighly off center
- Canvas size panel rearanged slightly
- antialiasing on the RYB panels
- Tentative support for dark theme menus and titlebars under the latest build of Windows 11
- Fixed crash with linear interpolation on the timeline that manifested in the last build
- Drag and drop for color wells and the switching primary and secondary colors is now deprecated due to security and stability restrictions.
- Fixed rendering of tab control on sidebar/midea tab showing blue background.
Read and learn more here:
- Fixed a bug with GUI accent color in some dark on light modes
- The Colors by name panel now uses GUI pen colors
- HLS color picker option was missing from the options dropdown the color tab on the sidebar
- The layers popup now uses GUI pens
Reminder: https://www.youtube.com/pdhowler has a huge number of free tutorials and video samples
Also look at https://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/tuts for more
New Sky Filter (part 1) - https://youtu.be/zPjLp5Gd3qM
New Sky Filter (part 2) - https://youtu.be/Bh_5uwakhyQ
Guilded (Shiny) Text - https://youtu.be/njIu2ASfTWI
Guilded Test part 2: re-creating a similar gradient from an image - https://youtu.be/e0t-E-dkd6o
Shiny text - How to save a gradient - https://youtu.be/tyYWPai2NhU
And a quick escape to more landscape renderings - Travesia Sagrada - https://youtu.be/FXH_OYsf0jU
Last but not least: a recent screenshot----------- Back to the top --------------
No longer interested? I am devastated... now I am the Goddess of Sadness!
but still, if you must...
To remove yourself from our newsletter, please unsubscribe here: http://www.thebest2d.com/feedback/
Thanks. It's been a privilege to have you. Hope you see you again, somewhere between the pixelated slopes of Mount Howler and the pigmented grasslands of Artistan.
The good news: You can also use the above link to take other steps: such as to add yourself back as a new recipient of our sporadic newsletter, or to change your email address on our records by adding yourself with a new email address and then requesting to remove the old email address. Or, contact us, Phil and Dan, here with clear instructions about which one of your multiple emails to add or remove, or with any other questions: http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/about - Please do not send attachments unless invited to do so and beware of the format and file sizes.
All content presented herein is owned by their respective owners. No reproduction is permitted without written consent from the copyright holder. Trademarks and registered trademarks are used for identification purposes only. No affiliation, endorsement or commercial favors are implied or intended.